| Apprenticeship Overview
Apprenticeships are industry-driven, high-quality career pathways where employers can develop and prepare their future workforce, and individuals can obtain paid work experience, classroom instruction, and a portable, nationally-recognized credential.
| Key Components
• Business Involvement – Employers are the foundation of every Registered Apprenticeship program.
• On the Job Learning/Work Experience – apprentices receive on-the-job training from an experienced mentor.
• Related Instruction – Apprentices combine on-the-job learning with technical education at Northwest State Community College.
• Rewards for Skill Gains – Apprentices receive progressively advancing skills and receive rewards as goals are met.
• National Occupational Credential – Apprenticeship programs result in a nationally recognized credential, which provides a guarantee to employers that apprentices are fully qualified for the job.
| Registered Apprenticeship Program
A Registered Apprenticeship Program (RAP) is a proven model of apprenticeship that has been validated by the Department of Labor or a State Apprenticeship Agency such as Apprentice Ohio.
Industry-Recognized Apprenticeship Programs
An Industry Recognized Apprenticeship Program (IRAP) is an apprenticeship program that is customized specifically to the employer’s needs. Employers select coursework, training and credentials that will help apprentices achieve competency in a particular job role or occupation.
Unlike traditional internships, IRAPs are determined by the employer, competency focused and not time-based.
As a Standards Recognition Entity (SRE), we are qualified to:
- Review employer created training programs to ensure they meet IRAP standards
- Recognize qualifying programs as high-quality IRAPs
- Conduct annual evaluations of these IRAPs to ensure programs continue to meet standards and requirements
Virtual apprenticeships provide your company with the ability to complete the required related instruction fully online. Take these courses from anywhere at any time. Explore virtual courses.
| Apprenticeship Topic Areas
Registered Apprenticeship Programs are available in:
Industry Recognized Apprenticeship Programs can be created for nearly any job role.